You really can't think about P.F. Chang's for too long before drooling other their lettuce wraps. But for those nights when you just don't want to go out, this copycat recipe is spot on. It's quick and easy, and the leftovers make for an awesome lunch. It's so delicious that it'll probably make it into your regular recipe rotation.
Things You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken, or finely chopped chicken breast
- ½teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup white onions, small diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated with a microplane
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated with a microplane
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 head lettuce (butter lettuce or iceberg)
Video of the Day
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cooking until the chicken is mostly cooked through.
Step 2: Add the Onions
Add the onions, cooking until the onions have started to soften and brown
Step 3: Add Remaining Ingredients
Add the remaining ingredients (other than the green onions and lettuce), cooking until the sauce is well combined and coating the chicken. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Step 4: Sprinkle with Green Onions and Serve
Sprinkle the chicken with green onions, serve with lettuce leaves separated from the head.